Coyote image is from John Nieto an

Coyote image is from John Nieto

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Precognitive Dreams #3 - I can see a thousand miles


photograph by Dennis Fratef

I can see a thousand miles.  I can see a thousand miles... over and over I sing.  The chant continues as I gaze at the sun filtering down through the canopy of trees overhead.  A sense of great joy engulfs me.  I am asleep, dreaming and lucid, consciously aware of the dream.  I marvel at the beauty of the tall trees in this lush dreamscape.  I see the green leaves and white bark, like tall aspens or birches, but thicker like pines, trees all around, sun shining through.  I continue to chant 'I can see a thousand miles'. 

Then I awake, get out of bed and start my day.  I take the hour drive to Albuquerque for business with the 'I can see a thousand miles' melodiously playing in my head. The joy stays with me.

On the way home I stop for dinner.  I have a book with me called Lucid Dreaming - Gateway to the Inner Self by Robert Waggoner.  I thought I might read it while waiting for my dinner.  I settle into my chair and wonder if my morning dream might show up as I read this book.  Often, following a powerful dream, the words I read mimic my dream experience.  I start reading on page 176 of the book where I had left off a few days before.  When I get to page 179 I read about a contest the IASD (International Association for the Study of Dreams) did during one of their yearly conferences.  The game involved dream telepathy and the players were the attendees at the conference.  One person  is designated as a  'sender' and the rest of the attendees are the 'receivers'.  The 'sender ' stays up all night concentrating on an object or scene while everyone else sleeps and dreams.  The object is to see if the attendees can telepathically sense what the sender is 'sending'.  The exact details are in the link below.

I read on and to my amazement, the 'sender' was thinking of trees.  She saw herself in a park surrounded by huge trees.  She mentally shouts the word  'trees' over and over throughout the night.  Trees - there it was, my dream!  I too was amongst the trees.  I couldn't believe what I was reading.  I finish my dinner and leave.  I am high as a kite.   

Some Notes:

Lucid Dreaming is the ability to become consciously aware while still in the dream state. The afore mentioned dream contest took place in Copenhagen in June of 2004.  On August 7, 2010, in Santa Fe, NM, I experienced lucidity while dreaming.  Questions: What am I to make of my chant, 'I can see a thousand miles'?  Does it represent looking off to a distant land like Copenhagen or perhaps it signifies an inner vista beyond space and time?  Did I see my future self reading page 179 of Waggoner's book that afternoon, or perhaps I 'traveled back' in time to participate in a 2004 dream contest.  I do not know, maybe a thousand miles is simply my symbolic representation of 'telepathic communication'.  But, really what do I know?  The lucid soup of dreams is multidimensional and I confess I have much to learn. 

Waggoner's book on lucid dreaming is wonderful although a bit technical at times.  Robert Waggoner is the current president of the International Association for the Study of Dreams (IASD) and is well versed in lucid dreams having logged more than a thousand lucid dreams.  I've had about 20-25 in my lifetime.  Clare Johnson won the contest that day.  Click here and scroll down to the last article: Dream Telepathy and Tree Shouting 20/06/04  for her story.

As a footnote Jane found the above picture in a file by 'accident' after I was experiencing difficulty finding the right image for the post.  The picture was perfect for me and confirms to me that sychronicity is alive and well.






No comments:

Post a Comment